TAGB Telugu Poem Recitation competition
Registration Fee :
Registration Start Date: Mar 14th, 2017
Registration End Date: Apr 15th, 2017
Event Date: Apr 22nd, 2017
Event Time : 1:00 PM onwards
Venue : Algonquin Regional High School,
79 Bartlett Street,
Northborough,MA - 01532
Twenty poems chosen from the famous Vemana Satakam and Sumati Satakam. Contest will be limited to these poems. Click Here for poems.
- Participants will choose as many poems as they want from the list and depending on their level will be asked to either recite a poem and explain its meaning in Telugu. Level 1 entries will be limited to recitation. Level 2 entries will be asked for recitation and the meaning of the chosen poem/s. Level 3 entries will be expected to know word to word meaning (prati pada artham) of the chosen poems as well.
- Participants will be judged on accuracy, pronunciation, diction, cadence, and their grasp of the meaning (of the poems in general and words in specific) depending on their level.
- Multiple rounds will be conducted for each level based on the number of entries we receive.
- Reporting time for the contest is 1pm.
- Judgment of entries rests with TAGB and all decisions will be final.
- Winners of all levels will get an opportunity to recite on stage!